Winston Transportation System Plan Update
Welcome to the project website for the City of Winston Transportation System Plan (TSP) Update!
Photo Credit (Left to Right): KPIC4; Queretaro Sotheby's International Realty; City of Winston; HistoricBridges.org; TripAdvisor
What is a TSP?
A Transportation System Plan is a long-range planning document for Winston, shaped by community input and adopted into the Comprehensive Plan, that describes the city's transportation system and details projects, programs, and policies to meet transportation needs now and in the future. This long-range planning document helps the City improve and expand it's transportation system to support existing users and future growth.
What will the TSP accomplish?
This project will:
- Identify goals, policies, and strategies to facilitate a safe, efficient, well-connected multimodal transportation network in the City of Winston.
- Increase connectivity and safety of bicycle and pedestrian networks to community destinations.
- Prioritize a list of transportation improvements that reflect the conditions and resources available.
- Align with other planning efforts happening in Winston.
- Incorporate public participation to serve the needs of residents and businesses for the next 20 years.
Your perspectives and input are an important element of this update.
Does Winston currently have a TSP?
The current City of Winston TSP was adopted in 2003. Since that time, there has been a growing need to:
- Serve the increase in vehicular travel between Winston and Roseburg;
- Safely facilitate freight movement that supports economic activity in the region;
- Improve multimodal safety and connections among the City's community destinations;
- Improve transportation services for disadvantaged populations; and
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve resiliency in the City's transportation system.
Changes in state, regional, and local plans and regulations have also occurred. This project will update the current TSP to reflect the changes that have occurred since 2003 and anticipate the changes that will take place over the next 20 years.
Opportunities to be Involved
The project team will be holding three Outreach Milestone events to give you an opportunity to participate in the TSP Update process and give your input. These events are tentatively scheduled for Fall 2021 and Spring/Winter 2022.
To receive updates on upcoming events and to review project materials as they become available, please subscribe HERE.
Photo Credit (Left to Right): NoeHill; Rush49; OSU Special Collections & Archives Commons flickr; Pit Stops for Kids; The News Review